What Is Movember?
Movember is an international non-profit focused on tackling prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health advocacy and suicide prevention. Starting in Australia in 2003, the Movember Foundation has since raised millions of dollars to support thousands of men’s health initiatives. Every November, people across the globe grow mustaches, raise funds, and host and attend events to bring awareness and support to some of the most pertinent health issues men face.
Cal Poly students, faculty, and staff have participated in Movember since 2011, and we hope to continue the legacy of supporting men’s health through our annual Movember Campaign
Movember 2018 - 10.21.18 - 11.16.18
- Want to stay in the loop about everything Movember on campus? Maybe do some fundraising for men's health initiatives? Sign Up today! We'll make sure you have all the latest Movember updates and opportunities.
- Interested in leading the Movember charge in your community, chapter, or team? Sign up as a Team Lead, and we'll get you started!
- Movember is the movement tackling prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention. And a big part of what we do is raise funds to support men’s health initiatives.
- To date, the Movember Foundation has raised $65.5 million in the US to fund over 1,200 men’s health projects. This year, we hope to contribute $5,000 through our campaign…and we need your help! Sign up today to start changing the face of men’s health.
- Prizes - For Most Funds Raised
- First Place - Six Months of Haircuts from The Ritual (SLO)
- Second Place - Haircut and Beard Trim from The Ritual (SLO)
- Third Place - Haircut from The Chop Shop (SLO)
- *Prizes will be awarded at the Movember Closing Event on 11.15.18